all things crafty......

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Organize Your Fabric

I have a huge problem with hoarding fabric. Sometimes I buy fabric and when I get home I find the same exact print stuffed on a shelf. While doing research for my craft room I discovered a craft room with uniform bolts of fabric on a shelf.....I fell in love. So here is my tutorial on making your own fabric bolts out of foam board.  You could use cardboard instead I just wanted the bolt board to be white.



Start with a foam board.  I picked up this tri project foam board from Walmart for $10.  I got 24 pieces out of this whole board.

Cut foam board to fit on your shelf....I cut mine 6"x11" using my husbands razor knife.


Here I lay the fabric down on my measuring mat  so I can  fold it uniform on the board.


Fold your fabric width wise but leave the length alone.....I folded mine to 8".

Here is my fabric folded to 8".  I am ready to start wrapping.

Center your foam board on your fabric I leave about 2" at the top.


Sart rapping it around your foam board. 


Keep wrapping till you get to the bottom

Once you are at the bottom pin it.  If you look hard you can see my blue head pin.

 Waaaalaaaa.................the finish product.





No comments:

Post a Comment